Friday, February 29, 2008

Coaches Show/Scrimmage

Hi, I would have made a few posts about the Coaches Show during the course of the week, but I was having some problems signing in through my new Google account. I got everything worked out, so hopefully updates will begin coming at a higher rate.

I had night class and wasn't able to help run or even be at Side Pockets for the Coaches show, but from all I've heard it went very well. Mike'l somehow continues to run a great show despite the fact that he has about 800 jobs and everyone behind the scenes seemed to have things running very smoothly. In the future, you will be able to hear all of the Coaches show at either 1620 AM or (1620thezone.com).

I got the chance to have my first conversation with new HC Steve Warren on Wednesday during the day (pre-recording some of the interviews for the show), and I have nothing but good things to say about him. Very knowledgable, polite, and extremely easy to interview. It is such a contrast from my small expierences with top end management last year.

I'm not sure if it was played during the show or not, but Coach agreed with my personal opinion that an exhibition game can be very beneficial, but the team simply couldn't work anything out without having to bus out of state for the game (not worth it). As is, the intra-squad scrimmage is tonight at 6 at the Center and should be a good chance to take a look at some of the competitions, especially on the offensive side of the ball.

I should be there to blog about the game on Saturday and give a quick summary, although if you have time, a quick trip down to 144th and Giles should certainly be in your plans. If you havn't watched this team play at all during TC, trust me, the talent will jump off the field. Hopefully my sleeper Allan Brown has a big game!

Matt

No comments: